Sunday 17 December 2017

AGAIN TO MY FRIEND'S PLACE


It was a panic call from my friend.

‘Naradaa, you have abandoned me, I think. For almost last one year – or more, it seems – you had never contacted me.’

‘Why, what happened? I was under the impression that you are all doing very well after the reforms had been carried out. But you sound a bit disturbed.’

‘Of course I sound disturbed because I am disturbed. Not only disturbed but on the verge of getting mad. If you don’t come soon, next you will be visiting me in some asylum. So, get a move on...’

I knew there was no point in asking him further.

As Naradaa was ready to start off, Shish said,

‘What do you think of me accompanying you, Naradaa? I think I can be of some help to you in solving his problems’

‘What do you think his problems are? Have you any idea the enormity of his problems?’

‘Of course I know his problems. I came here and had a firsthand experience of what is happening here.’

‘Oh, yes. I forget about that. Shish, it is really very civil of you to offer help but what about TKS? If you are away, will TKS function?’

‘TKS will function. The management experts say that an organisation is healthy if it runs smoothly even when the owner goes out of town.’

So, we set out to my friend’s place. He was right at the gate to receive us.

‘Come, I do not want others to see you. We will go out to the woods where there is some quiet and peace. What I actually mean is where others won’t overhear.’

When we settled down, he said, ‘Naradaa, we are in great trouble. The reforms have gone a bit too far and they are disrupting everythingin our life.’

‘Yeh, but that is nothing new, no? You knew it and last time you said that it is a small sacrifice anyone has to make so that we will have a future which is bright....’

‘True. But what do we do when is too bright and we cannot see anything. A few months back, the doctor said.....’

‘Doctor? Why doctor?’

‘Oh, you do not know that! We have a new village doctor. Earlier we had Dr. Berry who actually didn’t have much work to do except treating some patients for small ailments. He retired and this new doctor came. When couple of people were down with flu, normally we used to take some paracetamol and took some rest and that was that.’

‘You still could do it.’

‘But the new doctor insists that it is all because of our unhealthy livingand we must have good treatment centres. Also, the kitchens where you prepare food should be clean and the food ingredients should be change. To start with the oil should be changed completely.’

‘So, it is fine, no?’

‘Look at this oil....’, he said. ‘It is all black or blue or any colour other than oil colour. You must throw this oil out and get new oil.’

‘Throw out the whole stock?’

‘Yes, we had to. It did create a crisis of some sort, but we thought it is all for our health. But even with the new oil, we are getting a small tummy ache and flu.’

‘What is there to worry? So you tried one method to fight the illness. It didn’t work out. But after all you got fresh stock of oil which is good, no?’

‘But you see, Naradaa, there are several similar reforms which are in the offing, we are told.’

‘What do you want me to do? Shish, can you think of anyway by which we could be of help?’

‘I do not think we could interfere because it is their internal problem. We should think of a solution before you are ready to go for next elections.’ Shish said.

‘Please do not abandon us in our time of need.’ My friend pleaded.

‘OK. Give us some time. We will have to think and think. In fact think twice before suggesting a solution.’

‘All right. But don’t take too much time on it. Naradaa, Shish! Please take this problem as a challenge.’

‘We will definitely do our best. You couldn’t find a solution yourself? After all, every problem should be having a solution.’

‘Yes, but here the other way is also true. Every solution is also another problem.....’

No comments:

Post a Comment