Thursday 26 July 2018

THE HOLIDAYS THAT WERE CUT SHORT


This blog had a break for almost 6 months.

It was in February, me and my wife took a couple of weeks off and reached Goa where our son and daughter-in-law lived.  Our two grandchildren with our daughter and son-in-law from Edinburgh came on holidays and joined us in Goa.

We were having a gala time with lots of eats and drinks, movies and visits to the beach and a bit of sightseeing to boot. Half-way through the holidays, my heart gave some indication that all was not well.

Well, not just the indication, it was a heart attack. Promptly my son and daughter took me to the nearby hospital and later I was admitted to the ICCU of Goa Medical College. Well, the holidays took a totally different, unexpected turn for all of us.

After a week’s treatment there, went to Mumbai for a more detailed check-up. Blocks were detected and three stents were put in place. Came back to Dehradun with a new lifestyle carved out in which rest, and medicine, morning and evening walks, no-drinks etc were the routines.

So, with more time on hand, I went slow on the blog and went to a bigger canvas and wrote and published a book. Thus was born ‘Arts of the Bachelor’, an attempt at humour.

A few words about the doctors who treated me in both Goa Medical College hospital and Sion Hospital in Mumbai. They were Outstanding. Now I am cleared of the ‘heart troubles’ as cleared by the follow-up checks in May.

OK, the blog is being restarted. No, the books will not be stopped, so there is no escape. The next book is soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment