Sunday 19 November 2017

ThatsApp Again


Shish: I am a bit upset with you.

N: Why? What have I done?

Sh: First of all, you didn’t come to TKS yesterday. (Shish is my shishya, if you recollect, and is now now running his TKS, the ThattuKada Shishy)

N: Oh, that?

Sh: You can very well ‘Oh-that’me. But you know I waited for you with excellent dosas and a new type of chutney which I wanted you to check out.

N: So you wanted me to be the guinea pig before you include it in the menu.

Sh: No, not exactly. But we have to change things a bit sometimes. You know there are many different types of dosas also. One of my friend is running a restaurant and he serves 27 different types of dosas.

N: What is the use? You can have only only two or three types on a day.

Sh: But you know the customer has choices. Today the theory is give the customer choices.

N: Customer also maybe confused and will not know which type to take and he may abandon dosa altogether.

Sh: Never. They would not abandon. If they are so confused, they will say, ‘oh, all these new stuff! I prefer the traditional stuff....’ But some of them will tell themselves ‘ok, let me try this one for a change....’ And to some who still cannot decide, our waiter will help, ‘try this one today, sir, this is new and very good’

N: So, what happened to the new chutney? Did it sell well?

Sh: Of course, yes. But this is not what I wanted to talk about. You sort of distracted me from the main subject. My complaints about you .....

N: Complaints? Plural?

Sh: Yes. One, you did not come yesterday. Two, you wrote that blog about WhatsApp without even consulting me.

N: So what?

Sh: I could have given you some more points to write.

N: Such as?

Sh: On the positive side of WhatsApp, you can see your friends when they are participating in some music program etc almost instantly when some WhatsApp you the clips.... And one gets to know and communicate with the relatives of the young generation whom you didn’t know earlier.

N: I thought I had mentioned these, even if not in so much detail. And on the negative side?

Sh: One big problem for me is that there is no much verbal communication between my customers. I do not get to hear many gossips. They are all on WhatsApp chats the moment they come in till they leave. The only thing they do other than WApp is eating dosas.

N: Yes, that is something I missed out probably. Not only in your TKS, even in homes have communication between family members been taken over by WhatsApp.  Any more negatives?

Sh: I am sure there could be more points both on positive and negative side. You are the one who sits on the lazy chair and write, so it it is upto you to check out.

N: But you must help me, no?

Sh: I will. Give me a smartphone and I will WhatsApp you more points when I find....

No comments:

Post a Comment